Croatian olive oils are winning multiple awards at international olive oil competitions, including the annual New York Olive Oil Competition (NYIOOC).
See all Croatian olive oil producers who won the prestigious NYIOOC awards for best olive oils in the world.
The full list of New York International Olive Oil Competition winners can be found at the official results website along with detailed information on all of the oils.
2019 Best Olive Oil Awards
23 Croatian olive oils won gold awards, 18 won silver awards, and one won the “Best in Class” award, for a total of 61 awards (includes bronze awards), in New York at NYIOOC, the world’s largest olive oil competition.
Soltansko maslinovo ulje from the island of Solta won the ‘Best in Class’ award. Only 18 olive oils out of 913 from 26 countries were given this award.
2018 Best Olive Oil Awards
40 out of 45 Croatian olive oils were awarded at the 2018 NYIOOC.
Croatian gold award winners included Exclusive Selection (Brist), Vergal (Novigrad), Vosten, Oliva Lucia Organic, De Kleva (Marija Bursic OPG), Plominka, Bozic Uje, Kozlovic and Fortica.
2017 Best Olive Oil Awards
After four days of analyzing 910 olive oils from 27 countries, the winners of the fifth annual New York International Olive Oil Competition (NYIOOC) were revealed. 22 Croatian olive oil producers from Istria and Dalmatia received gold and sliver medals, a great accomplishment for Croatian oil producers. 18 olive oil brands are from Istria and 4 from Dalmatia.
Gold Award winners:
- Nonno Bruno (Uljara Nonno Bruno, Banjole)
- Soltansko (Zlatna Soltanka, Solta)
- San Antonio Karbonaca (Stancija St. Antonio, Vodnjan)
- Monte Rosso Premium (Monte Rosso, Savudrija)
- Korta Gira (OPG Darko Kadum, Porec)
- Terra Rossa Bellani (OPG Bellani, Sveta Katarina)
- Zizanj (Roman Urbanija, Zizanj)
- Clai Terrbianche (Giorgio Clai, Brtonigla)
- Salvela Buza (Agroprodukt, Umag)
- Salvela Aurum (Agroprodukt, Umag)
- Dolija (Dolija, Krnica)
- Fortica (OPG Ivica Vlatkovic, Novigrad)
- Perdisacca (Cergna, Bale)
Silver Award winners:
- Grimalda Moulin de la Colline Doree (OPG Milan Matkovic, Cerovlje)
- Da Kleva (OPG Marija Bursic, Brtonigla)
- San Antonio Buza Zenska (Stancija San Antonio, Vodnjan)
- Bembo (OPG Lupic, Bale)
- Oliva Lucia (Olivo Monte Cucco, Umag)
- Negri (OPG Negri, Labin)
- Bozic Uje (Uljara Bozic Svirce, Hvar)
Best Olive Oils Marketplace
Enthusiasts and businesses can purchase the bottles on the Best New Olive Oils Marketplace portal, which connects producers, distributors, and customers. The winning brands will also be featured in the first annual “Guide to the World’s Best Olive Oils,” a printed guidebook that will be published in May.