Great news for the Croatian gastronomy – the prestigious guide Gult&Millau finally came to Croatia in 2018. The arrival of Gault&Millau signifies that Croatia is now officially part of the world’s top gastronomic scene, where the quality of food and service is what really counts.
“Luxury is in quality rather than price” – Gult&Millau
By launching the local version of the the Gault&Millau Croatia, a giant in the world of gastronomy, Croatia has joined the countries that each year excitedly await awards for the best of the best in the culinary world.
Gault&Millau Croatia: 2019
The second Gault&Millau Croatia guide now features 150 best rated Croatian restaurants, 70 POP locales, 113 premium and quality wines, and 25 leading hotels from all over Croatia.
The Gault&Millau annual awards, the so-called culinary Oscars, were presented to Croatia’s best chefs and restaurants at the Zagreb Esplanade hotel on March 6, 2019. Here are the 2019 Gault&Millau Croatia winners:
- Croatia’s chef of the year: Hrvoje Zirojević from the Laganini restaurant in Palmižana
- Best young talent: Tino Sinožić from Opatija restaurant Navisa
- Great chefs of tomorrow: Matija Bregeš from restaurant Boškinac in Novalja on island Pag and Fabricio Vežnaver from restaurant Pergola in Savudrija
- Best chef of traditional cuisine: Vesna Miletić from Zagreb’s restaurant Tač
- Best pastry chef: Biljana Milina from Konoba Mate on Korčula island
Four Croatian restaurants were crowned with four Gault&Millau toques and awarded as the best Croatian restaurants:
- Restaurant 360 in Dubrovnik
- Restaurant Monte in Rovinj
- Restaurant Pelegrini in Šibenik
- Restaurant Laganini in Palmižana
Congratulations to all!
Gault&Millau Croatia: 2018
Gault&Millau critics spent seven months touring Croatia’s regions looking for restaurants and wines to be listed in the guide’s first Croatian edition. The result is 100 best restaurants, 50 POPs (trendy and accessible restaurants, bars and bistros, which are not accompanied by official ratings) and 100 wines. See all the Gault&Millau winners at https://hr.gaultmillau.com.
The Gault&Millau “Culinary Oscars” were awarded the the festive gala on April 5, 2018. Here are the Gault&Millau top awards:
- First Croatian Chef of the Year: Vjeko Bašić, restaurant Boba
- Great Chef of Tomorrow 2018: Ana Grgić, restaurant Zinfandel’s
- Chef of Traditional Cuisine 2018: Branimir Tomašić, restaurant Mala hiža.
- Young talents 2018 powered by Metro Cash&Carry: Deni Srdoč, restaurant Draga di Lovrana and Duje Kanajet, restaurant Artičok
- Best POP 2018 powered by Debic: Tea Mamut, confectionery O’š kolač
- Payment Excellence Award restaurant powered by Mastercrad: Restaurant Foša
- Payment Excellence Award POP powered by Mastercard: Bistro Otto&Frank
Best restaurants (restaurants with most caps) were Monte in Rovinj and Pelegrini in Sibenik.
Google Map: Gault&Millau Croatia
View the Gault&Millau – Best Restaurants in Croatia Google Map for best restaurants in Croatia, in one map, as compiled by Gault&Millau. You can use this Google Map to plan your own Gault&Millau road trip through Croatia.
Gault&Millau Croatia: Where to Buy
The Gault&Millau Croatia guide, a bilingual guide in both Croatian and English, is intended for Croatian lovers of good food & fine wines and visitors who are looking for exceptional wine & gourmet experiences in Croatia.
Where to get the Gault&Millau Croatia guide:
- Printed edition of the Gault&Millau Croatia guide can be purchased at Tisak media stores for HRK 90.
- Gault&Millau mobile app is available for free
- All restaurants can also be found on the Gault&Millau Croatia website