Decanter World Wine Awards
The Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA) is the world’s largest wine competition. It was founded in 2004 in London and receives over 17,000 entries from nearly 50 countries worldwide. It’s judged by the top wine experts from around the globe and is trusted internationally for its awards.
2019 Decanter World Wine Awards
After two weeks of judging by 280 of the world’s best wine experts of nearly 17,000 wines, Croatian wines won 7 gold medals, 6 of which are from Istria. All the gold medal-winning wines scored over 95 points out of 100.
Here are Croatian wines winning the Decanter Gold Awards:
- Damjanić Clemente 2016, Istria – 96 points
- Fakin Malvazija Istarska 2018, Istria – 96 points
- ATC Gran Teran 2015, Istria – 95 points
- Rossi Malvazija Istarska 2018, Istria – 95 points
- Andelini Malvazija Istarska 2015, Istria – 95 points
- Vina Laguna Festigia Malvazija Vižinada Riserva 2015, Istria – 95 points
- Vron Bod Plavac 2012, Dalmatia – 95 points
55 Croatian wines won Decanter silver medals and 77 Croatian wines won the Decanter bronze medals.
2018 Decanter World Wine Awards
Croatian wines won 10 gold medals at the 2018 World Decanter Awards in London. 5 of the gold medals are from wineries in Istria.
Decanter Regional Profile of Istria
Decanter profiled Istria as the New Tuscany:
“The Italian influence is strong – Istria has excellent cuisine and some of the Balkan’s most elegant wines, not to mention olive groves, truffles and idyllic coastal towns. The ‘New Tuscany’ moniker is deserved.” – Decanter
Decanter is confident that this ‘New Tuscany’ can triumph on quality. So are we!
Congratulations to all Croatian wineries on their awards!